Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekly Financial Planning

Cutter's Log - Stardate 1102.31.20
Current Song - Money (Pink Floyd)


After nearly a year, I took my silver to get exchanged for cash. My plan was to get at least a hundred-dollars worth, according to this list from a website. I did that, and went to exchange it at the local exchange shop.

It was kind of dissapointing, but it was mostly my fault. I looked at the wrong list on the internet, so my prize was less than what I thought. I had two Franklin halves, 2 1960s Kennedy halves, five quarters, five war nickels, 20 dimes, 1 Canadian silver quarter, and 1 Canadian silver dime.

The place couldn't take my Kennedy halves because "they are after 1964" despite being a percentage (40%) silver. They also didn't accept anything Canadian.

So I was left with $56.00 in the aftermath of all of this. So much for waiting until hitting $100, and so much for this Internet list! For now on, I'll just keep my silver and exchange it when the year ends. So the second round begins.

***

Still, this was $56.00 more than what I had when the day started. Combine this with a Pick 3 Box winner from Thursday night (6-0-7) of $40.00 and it's a small stimulus. My $100.00 earned from being my gas station's Employee of the Year is still holding up. I used it for a Shell Gift Card for fuel, and I have a full tank and money left on it.

I had car problems for most of last month, and I could only afford one front wheel replacement at the time. So since then I've been driving places with mismatched front tires. Bad idea, I know, but I found out that I can't go higher than 55 MPH without the car vibrating like heck.

I plan on getting this tire put on sometime next week. Because of this, I had to put off a couple of commitments I was planning to cover. Gas money is kind of tight right now, and the hours have shrunk to 25/week.

Plus coming up are the few weeks that get me in a frenzy: winter postseason. A lot of money needs to be put into that. I have already decided to axe the weekend hotel stay. I found out that the extra round-trip costs less than staying overnight at the already-cheap hotel I normally stay at. Plus I can't forget my sticker renewal and a haircut (I really need one).

No comments: