Monday, February 14, 2011

So This is Valentine's Day

Cutter's Log - Stardate 1102.41.20
Current Song - What You Won't Do For Love (Bobby Caldwell)


I really haven't done much for Valentine's Day for quite a while. I wrote a small post about it on this Blog last year, and even that was the first time in a long time it even went though my head.

Valentine's Day originally was a biblical event, the origins behind that have become lost in today's hoopla of a big, loud "I LOVE YOU!" to the significant other. As I see this all over Facebook and the customers at work, I can only think about my own trials and tribulations ... as well as the "Cody test," which you'll read about at the end.

It's well documented on here, mainly because there's not much to document other than failure. There was a time I had a special place in my heart for many girls, and over time these entities have fizzled. Right now there is just one left standing, it's long-lasting, and still to this day unpenetrateable.

There were really only a few Valentine's Day moments I can really remember. The first was 13 years ago (fifth grade), the other was ten years ago (eighth grade). We're talking over ten years ago, which makes me REALLY feel old. Of course you know the story of failure after failure after failure after failure after failure after failure.

Although no one is grinding my gears in regards to this, today is the day that it comes to me that I will not give up in finding that certain female.

I may have tried all I could when I was younger, to have it not work by high school graduation. But I am still young, and there is plenty of time left. And I will not give up.

As much as I keep hearing the words "that time will come," I look back and see that time came for everyone else. I can understand this, given how my brain works. But forbidden to feel such a feeling? Never. I will not give up.

Perhaps it takes a great deal of effort for me to please, and when people look at the way I execute such pleasings, it seems to be a little over the top. It isn't like ones from the past, they'll say. But I will not give up.

It's no use trying to pick through the pile. Been there, done that. I can sense the lies and setups. I sensed plenty during my school days, and these attempts by others to embarass me were all thwarted. Don't try that on me. Meanwhile, I will wait, and continue to wait, and hope this day comes soon.

So yes, they still have to pass the "Cody test". Only a few have passed the Cody test, only to fall just short of really working out for a connection. And before I hear girls whine about this, do realize that they too have such "tests" when trying to find men.

Still, with that being said, I will not give up.

No comments: