Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ask Me Anything

Cutter's Log - Stardate 1102.01.20
Current Song - Holding Back the Years (Simply Red)


It's been a Facebook trend for a while, and perhaps an annoying one on the news feed. A few months ago, people were doing this "ask me anything and I'll respond" game on the Facebook news feed. There were several people that liked it, and there were several people that were annoyed by it.

The game went something like this: You'd look at the person's wall and find the last question, in numerical form. Your question would be the next number. If the question above was "84." then mine would be "85."

I think I was annoyed by it at the time. I put my status as "(some long number). No."

However the more I think about it, I think I'd like this. So I'm gonna do it. But I'm not going to flood Facebook walls.

Here's how it goes:

You can ask me any question (or questions) you want about me. Make it anything. Just send me a Facebook message with your question. I'll answer your questions on my Blog. And I'm not going to do these stupid little "yes and no" answers. I'll answer your question(s) with all I have. You'll not only get an answer, but reasons and all that. I won't hide any questions from the blog, either. However, I won't put your name next to the question, unless you want me to.

Here's an example: Why are you doing this "Ask Me Anything" thing?

I'm doing this because I'd like to get to know people better. A lot of people make the remark that I'm always busy all of the time, but in reality there is plenty of time that I'm bored. I get bored when I'm at home watching the television, playing the Wii, or even reading the book. Heck, even when I'm writing in my Blog I feel bored. It's kind of difficult to break out of such a slump, given my mental state, so I figured creating this thing would allow me to open up to all of you. You know more about me, and I kind of know more about you. Provocation is evolution - you can't succeed unless you actually do it.

I'll take questions from now (2/10) until Wednesday (2/16). Thanks for your interest.

No comments: