Thursday, January 17, 2013

So, How's That Diet Coming Along?

Cutter's Log - Stardate 3102.71.10
Current Song - I'll Play For You (Seals & Crofts)

I returned to NISB work on January 6.

As of this writing, I am down to 316. That is a -27 difference from when I began this crusade.


I missed it so much that I somehow immersed myself in so much work. This is high school sports withdrawl. At one point I forgot that I was on a diet. That was when I made up a plan to have something up on the website every day. I was trying to schedule myself to go to games at every available moment I wasn't either working or sleeping.

So now I got to find a way to maintain a sufficient high school sports website, AND lose weight, AND rake in enough dough at work to make it all happen.

Basically, I need to create more exercise time.

I have also taken in an increased work load for the rest of this week and all of next week. This therefore cuts into to website time. I don't have a problem with it, as this helps get me back into both financial and physical shape.

My only regret is that I sometimes have to miss big games because of more important commitments. Tonight's boys basketball game between Winnebago (66) and Lutheran (63) at Rock Valley College was a perfect example. Probably THE biggest boys basketball game of the year, but I had to work an afternoon shift from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. I didn't complain. I knew that with this type of balancing that these things were going to happen.

Right now, all I have left scheduled to do is the Belvidere @ East boys basketball game on Friday, the Hononegah MLK Tournament on Monday, and Ottawa @ Sterling boys basketball on Tuesday. I've only see one varsity girls basketball game this year (Sterling v. Newman) and one wrestling meet (LeWin/West Carroll @ Dakota). Obviously this is my worst school year since I started in this profession.

I have a plan in place that will hopefully make things less stressful. However, I am not going to reveal this plan on here, because I am becoming sick and tired of the constant upstaging.

But enough about my website work.

I'm pleased with the results so far, of being down 27 pounds since the starting line. This is usually the time of year when things start to go up because of the winter weather and such. So far I'm bucking that trend.

After writing this, I'm hoping to make a trip over to the treadmill and walk until I can't walk no more. I'll be wearing my Stan Getz Songbook on my headphones. The 50s soft jazz music provides the kind of motivation I need. These sax songs are those that you'd typically hear in a quiet bar while you and your lover are slow dancing on a stage.

Now I'm thinking deeper about my failures at love.

Time to get moving.

No comments: