Thursday, February 14, 2013

The 4 Chambers of My Heart

Dedicated to 4 very special girls ...


Four sweethearts that I know
My love for them is this vow
I've been so afraid to show
That is, until now

You have so much love inside
I can see it within your kindness
Opened a path for me to confide
Escaping from my mental blindness

The ringing of my name when you cry
Blinding me with your smile
That and your eyes lift me so high
As you wave your hand for a while

After I had moved
She brought me back to my feet
My darkness was removed
Then my heart began to beat

Even after twenty years
We still know each other
But now it brings me tears
I'll never meet another

Just out of luck
I somehow meant something to her
A wonderful friendship was struck
Together I thought we were

Right out of the corner of my eye
Was a really bright light
The harmony of “hi”
Oh, what a wonderful sight

These times I'll never forget
I had never been treated so nice
This truly wonderful quartet
Whom I struggled to break the ice

I was raised with love all around
These girls share the same kind
Could it be the love I have found?
Will our two hearts align?

You have taught me so much
You have brought joy to my life
Which had seemed to lost its touch
In many school battles of strife

I am thankful for your presence
To which I want no one else nearby
I could never quite get this pleasance
So I could tell you eye-to-eye

Friends were few and far between
I'd look forward to our meetings
Because you are whom I could lean
After all your wonderful greetings

For you I always wanted to be there
Sometimes going out of my way
That's how much I care
Even on that double-header in May

I thought I could ignite a match
Destroying the barriers in my mind
It was a tough plan to hatch
The path to romance was hard to find

Some told me harsh things about you
They would make me so sad
Because I know they're not true
I know in my heart you're not bad

Your were the only thing in my world
You meant so much to me
But my words couldn't be unfurled
If only you four could see

So very hard I tried
Sadly I was unable to connect
Didn't know how my efforts had dried
And were left to deflect

In time, one of them was exhaust
Another found gold
The next I had lost
The last because I grew old

Knowing I will never see the day
My search will have to conclude
It's time for me to walk away
For I don't mean to intrude

But that doesn't mean the end
You four are my inspiration
As I try to make my heart mend
Trying to find that love coronation

I can't thank you four enough
You know I will be there
Even when your times are tough
I'll always deliver a prayer

But my love for you just won't quit
The thought I can't seem to sever
So I'll just go ahead and say it
You are the four loveliest angels ever  

And I will always love you
Forever  

-Cody

No comments: